School Groups are more than welcome to come and explore the rich history at Bannack. Four activities are available for school groups:
- Scavenger Hunts – Students are sent on a search of the history of Bannack. The goal is to get all the right information. This is an interactive way to involve students in history.
- Gold Panning – Students pan for gold in our pay dirt. All supplies are provided.
- Cemetery Activity – An interactive way for students to learn about ancestry and those who lived in Bannack.
- Town Tours – Guided tours take students behind locked doors. Students get to learn about the stories of the miners and frontiersmen first hand.
- Mill Tours – Tour the historic gold mill and learn about the cyanide and floatation process used in extracting gold and other precious medals.
Please note that there MUST be one chaperone per twelve students. No exceptions.
Montana registered vehicles pay park fees through vehicle registration at their local county treasurer’s office; however donations are accepted and appreciated. School groups outside of Montana, normal fees apply.
NOTE: Non-Montana registered vehicles other than buses pay $5.00 per vehicle.
Large Tour Groups
Large Tour Groups please contact the park before your arrival date to ensure that you have the best possible visit. You may call (406) 834-3413 to make a reservation.