Mark your calendars for Bannack Days. It is a wonderful time to visit Bannack and celebrate pioneer life and Bannack’s glory days. Held always the third weekend in July, I encourage those of you that have not had the opportunity to attend Bannack Days or may have not attended in the past few years to please come join us for this fun-filled weekend.
For a nominal fee, breakfast is served in Hotel Meade beginning at 7:00am both days. Lunch will be available as well as other delicious treats like ice cream, kettle corn, fry bread, corn on the cob, and fresh lemonade.
From 9:00am to 5:00pm Saturday and 9:00am to 4:30pm Sunday, folks will be demonstrating many of the pioneer skills. Come watch the spinners spin wool into yarn, and the quilters craft a quilt. You can learn how wagon wheels and baskets are made. Up Hangman’s Gulch you can shoot a black-powder rifle, learn about the Cavalry, and experience an 1860’s gold camp. You may want to try your luck at gold panning and you won’t want to miss hand-dipping your own souvenir candle or watching the blacksmith forge an incredible work of art from a flat piece of steel. Take a ride in a horse drawn wagon or motor around town in the Model AA along Bannack’s main street.
Be sure to watch your step – Bannack has been known to have a few ruffians about. It is not uncommon for a gunfight to break out on Main Street or for people to be shouting from the hotel porch about one cause or another. Imagine, women wanting to vote!
Throughout both days there will be music in the air – bluegrass, gospel and old-time fiddlers, to mention a few. There will even be a stagecoach coming to Bannack, who knows what may happen since the road agents have been eyeing it for some time now. Don’t miss it. Throughout the weekend the visitor center will be open and guided tours of the Masonic Lodge and the Mill will be available.
Admission to Bannack for the weekend is $5.00 per vehicle per day for MT registered vehicles and $10.00 per day for non-MT registered vehicles .
NOTE: PARKING IS VERY LIMITED – PLEASE CAR POOL
For information call (406) 834-3413. We hope to see you there
- Bannack Days Schedule of Events – 2016
- Bannack Days Policies
- Bannack Days Application – Church, Dance, Music, Poets or Talks
- Bannack Days Application – All Concessions & Skill Demo’s Vendors/Selling
- Bannack Days Application – Food Sanitation Forms
- Bannack Days Application – Gunfighter Volunteer
- Bannack Days Application – Volunteers
- Bannack Days Application – FWP Volunteers
- Bannack Days Application – LATE General Volunteers
- Bannack Days Application – LATE Music, Skills, Gunfighters, Food
- Living History Firearms Policy
- Saturday Night Volunteer Dinner Policy
- Bannack Days Event Map